How your baby's growing:This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.-----
As for me: Things are pretty much the same, still having Braxton Hicks, some bizarre cramps and shooting pains (going to the doc today and will mention it among all my other concerns!) I'm trying to relax but getting things tied up at work (we're really busy right now) and getting things set up for Campbell's arrival are stressing me out (big surprise, doesn't take much). I keep reminding myself that those stressors make me have braxton hicks even more so I'm really trying to keep it under control.
I'm feeling like things are coming together. Nick finally got our bathroom pretty much renovated, there are still 3 things left to finish up but it's functional and I can put stuff back in it. He'll be going to the dump to get rid of all the trash tomorrow. I can't wait for all that to be out of here! We had the carpets professionally cleaned this morning so I feel good about that too.
I think if the crib was put together, I would feel a lot better. Nick is supposed to put it together tomorrow, we'll see. He's such a procrastinator but at least he'll get it done, I can't do anything really productive so if it weren't for him we'd be no where!
My 1st shower is tomorrow. I'm really excited, it's my 'family' shower. My mom and aunt are throwing it, everything is pretty much a surprise. Two friends from college are coming so that will be fun! I know I'm going to be overwhelmed with all of the stuff! My mom has already agreed to help wash everything - you wouldn't believe all the things that have to be washed!!
I got the invitation for my second shower my BFF (was my MOH) is throwing me, they're so cute! It's the first weekend in February. Lots of fun stuff coming up!
Here's the bump! And don't mind my hair, I was taking a nap right before the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment